Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Several of the services and features that we offer on our website require you to provide us with information as a condition of usage. These include access to membership-only areas, subscriptions to e-mail newsletters, use of our job search functionality and participation in message boards and community profiles.
We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, job title, e-mail address, postal address, phone number and credit card information when you provide it to us. From time to time, we may also collect other information such as your gender, username and password. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and while no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your personally identifiable information. Once you register with our website you are no longer anonymous to us.
Sharing of User Information
We are an independent company, registered in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. Generalized and aggregated information encompassing all of our subscribers and consultants, such as how many sessions the website experiences every day, may be distributed to outside parties for purposes of marketing, sales or strategic development.
- Keeping count of your return visits to our or our advertisers or partners websites
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Company
- Determining which features users and registered users like best
- Saving your user identification or other information so you dont have to re-enter it each time you visit the website.
Although we may track the numbers of visitors to inform us on how best to update and enhance the website experience, personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process.
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through our website.
- You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation in our interactive services or post your profile in any of our directories.
- You use co-branded services (i.e., websites or services that we offer to you in connection with a partner, who is identified on the website). When you use a co-branded service within our network of websites, you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
- We hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services such as customer support; e-mail message deployment; suppression, merge and de-duplication services; data processing; and special products or services that you have requested. These companies are only allowed to use the information in order to help us fulfill our services to you. We do not provide your personally identifiable information to these companies for their own, permanent use.
- You unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party. We may share your removal instruction with the third party so that it may be added to that third partys list of people to whom they may not send e-mails.
- When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
- In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us, or our affiliates.
We provide you with the option of posting your personal profile including your skills, experience, contact information, employment history, references, and CV on our website. We use our best efforts to ensure that only employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resource professionals access these directories, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not, without our consent, gain access to their contents. In addition, all visitors to our website may have access to a limited version of your profile free of charge. This limited version does not contain your full name or contact information. You may remove and/or deactivate your profile from our searchable directories at any time. However, employers and recruiters who have paid for access to the directory, and other parties who have otherwise gained access to the directory, may have retained a copy of your profile in their own files or databases. We are not responsible or liable for the retention, use, or privacy of resumes in these instances, or for the use or privacy of resumes by any of such parties while profiles are in the directory.
Opt-in and Opt-out
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view certain content and use certain services offered by our website without registering. We also give users the following options:
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us and
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a website, provided, however, that you may not be able to use some of our services without providing us with certain information.
Updating Personal Profile Information
We allow you to change, correct or remove from public view your personal profile at any time. To do so, simply log into your The BIM Hub account, go to your account profile, and select the options for editing the information you have submitted.
Use of Subscriber Names for Promotional Marketing
The Company promotes its services, in part, by listing subscribers on the website and promotional materials. Such listing does not constitute an endorsement of any companies business, services or experience, and is limited to general information purposes only.
The Company will maintain appropriate measures to ensure that users personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within the Companys server environment. We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality.
However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of our website. We also limit access to the website by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes.
Thank you for using our services. Well keep working hard to earn your business, and your loyalty.