Senior CAD / BIM Technician
Industry Sector: Architecture Civil
Job Function: Design, Engineering
Our Ground Engineering team in Bedford is currently looking for a Senior CAD/BIM Technician with extensive experience of producing drawings and 3D modelling for large infrastructure projects working predominantly on projects associated with both road and rail, but providing support to projects in other offices, which currently include tunneling, remediation and nuclear schemes. AECOM ground engineering is expanding its capability to provide a more comprehensive offering to our major clients.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the industry and be fully conversant with the Autodesk Suite of software. We are looking for an ambitious team player with strong development skills who wishes to assist in the development of innovative, cost effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is collaborative, stimulating and demanding. The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team.
Nationally our Ground Engineering team comprises some 187 staff and provides one-stop access to a variety of services. The Bedford office has an established track record of successfully delivering ground engineering schemes throughout the country. We are now looking to enhance and grow this team with individuals with a sound technical background in CAD that share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload.
The team provides services ranging from project management, feasibility studies, detailed design and construction on a wide range of contracts and also supports other AECOM business lines where their projects have a Ground Engineering interface. Our Local Ground Engineering team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients.
Our clients are from the private and public sector and our leading UK clients include Highways England, Network Rail, HCA, BP. Shell, Thames Water and numerous Local Authorities, as well as leading contractors and developers for overseas clients.
We have an impressive portfolio of major national and international infrastructure projects. A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
- Detailed earthworks drawings and modelling for Hinkley Point C Nuclear Power Station, pre earthworks contract.
- Design of the central section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel
- Earthworks and Slope Remediation Schemes for Network Rail on the East Coast Main Line
- Multi-million pound regeneration of Brent Cross, including highway, local waterway and bridge design.
- Slope remediation schemes for Highways England in Area 4
- Foundation and tunneling design for Stockholm Bypass
- Lead Designer for Lyme Regis Environmental Improvements Phase iv
- Cameroon Stadium
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Produce drawings using the Autodesk Suite of software (AutoCAD Civils 3D), with the necessary level of detail as required for ground engineering projects at various stages of development: studies, conceptual design, detailed design and construction.
- Reporting to the design team leader you will also interface directly with other team members, from graduate to Directors and with other internal design teams
- You will have strong development skills and have the ability to develop and manage the work of others if and when required.
- Have the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance to teach and develop junior staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams, particularly within AECOM’s transportation division
- Be aware of and understand the AECOM IMS procedures, their importance and their application to projects.
- You will have experience in civil engineering sectors such as Ground Engineering (Earthworks, Slope stability schemes, foundations, tunnelling), Transportation (road and rail), Land reclamation and development and a strong understanding of civil engineering and associated best practices
- You will be a highly proficient and experienced user of AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce high quality technical drawings and details within a live project environment.
- You will have extensive 3D modelling experience on a variety of infrastructure projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of some or all of the following is also highly desirable: Revit, LSS, gINT or HoleBASE , ProjectWise, MX Modelling and Bentley Microstation.
You will have a HNC/HND or other degree in Engineering, CAD related course (Civils Preferred).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, we seek a balance between art and technology, form and function, beauty and purpose, vision and result. AECOM's building and interior designers have helped shape the world ...