BIMTek Limited |
Industry Sector: Consultants Civil
Job Function: Design, Engineering
BIMTek is a mechanical, electrical and civil design consultancy located in the south west. The business uses the latest technology on the market such as LIDAR scanning equipment (3D Scanning), 3D modelling software and virtual reality to present the design to our clients.
We carry out the mechanical, electrical and civil design on various projects and get involved early as the optioneering / feasibility stage through to detail design / construction specification. Our main client base is within the water, wastewater and construction sector.
The 3D model is coordinated in 'the cloud' incorporating all the essential design information into a CDE (common data environment) with practice towards BIM Level 2.
General R&R's for the Post
- Work from engineers/designers calculations, rough sketches or drawings to produce accurate and structured 2D and 3D drawings.
- Visit site as required in order to gain practical experience of installation practices and apply these to improve design effectiveness.
- Assist and be aware of incoming/outgoing data models & documents to ensure that all changes are identified and the accuracy of drawings/models held on file are updated & maintained whilst also ensuring that data is issued in the correct formats following the right procedures.
- Enhance own company knowledge by obtaining a brief understanding of the process involved on a project from tender through to final completion.
- Have excellent communication between the department and the wider construction team.
- Ensure that company standards are adhered to at all times following the correct processes and procedures.
- Have a good understanding of general office software platforms.
- Stay up to date with technology and have a good understanding of how it is being used within the industry.
- Maintain highest levels of commercial confidentiality in all aspects of employment.
- Ensure that the ethical policy and anti-bribery legislation is strictly adhered to.
- Implement and promote equality and diversity policy.
- Have an understanding of CDM 2015.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with the following software packages: Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
- Mechanical & electrical experience desired but not essential.
- Highly computer literate.
- Sound communication and organisation skills as well as an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently using the AutoCAD and Revit Software.
- Aware of the latest developments with BIM and modelling in a CDE (common data environment)
If you feel this opportunity is for you and are able to demonstrate tangible skills/ relevant experience, key responsibilities & projects worked on, please apply with an updated version of your CV.
Job Type: Permanent
- Revit: 2 years
- AutoCAD: 3 years
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License
BIMTek Limited is an established engineering practice, offering professional services in the water, wastewater and construction sectors.
Our office is located at Westfield Trading Estate, Radstock, Bath. We are experienced ...