Digital Design Leader for BIM Content
HDR, Inc |
Industry Sector: Consultants
Job Function: Design
Experience: Mid-Senior level
- Professional degree or equivalent in Architecture, Engineering or Construction preferred
- Preferred 6-10 years AEC industry experience working on large scale, complex projects in the domains of Healthcare, Science & Technology, and/or Civic typologies
- Aptitude toward technology and analytical problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Revit Add-Ins
- Familiarity with Rhino, Dynamo, is preferred
- Familiarity with content management solutions and strategies required
- Prepared to contribute to a team responsible for implementation based on SMART goals and agile practices.
- Knowledge of Architectural Design and Construction processes
- Experience in consulting with Architects, Engineers and Designers developing content strategies
- Familiarity with industry and client standards for BIM content, data management and exchange
- Ability to challenge status quo in a constructive and successful fashion
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Industry presence in recognized standards organizations preferred
- Interest in and familiarity with international practice desired
- Strong interpersonal communication and demonstrated oral and written presentation skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Essential Job Functions: Services
- Create parametric content and related workflows for use in projects.
- Consult with key strategic projects in development of their content strategies.
- Assist in the assessment of content-related needs.
- Assist teams in applying content management strategies.
- Capture and review project-developed content for addition to HDR standard libraries
- Engage with Technical Leadership for HDR to align content to achieve deliverables.
- Participate in the evaluation and testing of new design technology and workflows.
- Stay informed of the latest industry trends design technology content creation and management.
- Improve consistency and quality of content, existing and new.
- Develop and administer content approval processes.
- Consult with HDR offices to collect content that has proven effective in a project environment that can be vetted and redistributed to all offices.
- Report on status of content
- Author and conduct workshops on content creation/management
- Engage staff in development sprints for content related efforts.
- Build a network of Digital Practice members that demonstrate potential in content development.
- Responsible for the administration of multiple content libraries.
- Represent HDR, Practice Innovation, and Digital Design at industry events
- Participation in industry user groups/organizations is encouraged
- Contribute to HDR publications on Innovation
- Actively recruit and work to retain digital design talent.
- Maintain communications with assigned offices and Digital Practice Leaders.
- Lead and contribute to development of regularly scheduled sessions with Digital Practice members.
- Develop a minimum of 2 training modules per year to be delivered to HDR staff.
- Attend/ participate in 2 in-person workshops per year to contribute to annual planning and strategy for Practice Innovation and Digital Design, deliver training, and engage in knowledge sharing sessions with HDR staff.
- Submit 1 course proposal each to a minimum of two industry events that engage HDR consultants, clients, and the industry at large. (these courses may be related to or generated from content used in required training sessions)
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity in all of our offices. USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
Health and safety is also our priority. For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy. If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And ...