Building Information Modeling (BIM) Virtual Plan Design & Construction
Georgia Institute of Technology |
Industry Sector: Academia
Job Function: Education
Experience: Entry level
Job Purpose: Lead and support the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) software for virtual planning, design and construction activities with the department, to include BIM standards management and maintenance, best practice implementation and the training and support of staff.
- Develop, document, and communicate best practices of BIM technologies, including model sharing and coordination with all project managers, project team, consultants, and contractors. Ensure that BIM models comply with BIM execution plans.
- Engage with project managers and project teams on capital projects to strategize, employ, and maintain an effective BIM strategy for project deliverables.
- Lead internal continuing education sessions on Autodesk Revit, BIM, BIM standards.
- Lead BIM standards development, implementation and enforcement, as well as for BIM workflow process standards.
- Lead the creation and management of design details, Revit families, and Revit standards.
- Develop and maintain Revit models for campus building and infrastructure. Manage the proper archiving of Revit models developed by both internal design and construction staff and by external consultants.
- Develop and manage cost database for use in internal budgeting during project planning.
- Lead integration and output from BIM form TEMS barcoding systems.
- Coordinate applications support with IT group and help desk.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Five to eight years BIM related job experience and demonstrated experience in Autodesk, Revit, and SketchUp in an architectural production environment
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge of construction project management. Included are skills in leadership, budget formulation and management, negotiation, strategic planning, scheduling, organization, communications, engineering design, customer service and application of design and construction codes, standards and regulations. Advanced drafting and virtual design and construction computer skills. Use of specialized computer applications may also be required, including but not limited to AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Navisworks, and other virtual design and construction platforms.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Additional Information: Make frequent visits to construction sites requiring bending, twisting, climbing, crawling, kneeling and stooping; may be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures and humidity.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Internal project managers, external consultants, construction modeling software support staff, operations and maintenance staff, capital planning space management staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: Design & Construction management and project managers. This position will supervise: BIM Design and Construction staff.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best ...