Skanska AB |
Industry Sector: Project Management Construction Management
Job Function: Engineering
Our Project team in Coventry is looking for a BIM Coordinator to join the team.
- BIM Coordination and daily management of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set up.
- Technical management of project BIM data sets.
- Liaise with Design Systems team to ensure changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams.
- Manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams.
- Helping to technically deliver BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination.
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team.
- Provide one-to-one mentoring on 'Best Practice' workflows to project teams as required.
- Deliver project team mentoring in BIM Software enabling Applications.
- Prepare project specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans.
- Report against the project BIM execution plans.
- Manage project BIM KPI reporting on a quarterly basis
- To contribute or otherwise assist as required.
Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Skanska UK procedures and standards.
We're looking for
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- In-depth working knowledge of Revit and BIM enabling applications
- Experience of working in a project coordination role for CAD applications
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Resilient to manage conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Experience working in a building contractor/engineering production environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 or higher
- Experience in coordination software – Navisworks and or Solibri
- Experience in 4D planning software - Synchro
- Experience in BIM field operations software – BIM360/Fieldview
- Experience in a CDE software – Viewpoint for Projects
- Experience of COBie or other Information Exchange formats
- Experience in Uniclass 2015 formats
Our UK-wide building team has built a reputation for high quality in healthcare, custodial, defence, and education. Our award-winning projects include Bath Spa University and Barts and the Royal London Hospitals. With such diverse work on our books, you’ll be involved in some of the UK’s most important development projects.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA
Skanska is one of the world's leading project development and construction groups, concentrated on selected home markets in the Nordic countries, other European countries and in North America. With ...