Architectural Product Planner
Vectorworks, Inc. |
Industry Sector: Software Vendors
Job Function: Marketing, Product Management
Vectorworks, Inc. is looking for an Architectural Product Planer who will work closely with engineering teams to deliver world-class solutions and experiences for our customers. The Product Planner will be responsible for coordinating BIM wishes from a variety of sources (user groups, community board, and distributors) and helping to identify and document both workflow and feature improvements.
It’s an exciting time to join the Vectorworks family, and if you are looking for an opportunity to have a lasting impact on a growing team, we hope you’ll take the time to learn more about this opportunity!
In This Role, You Should Expect To
- Software – Gain expert-level Building-Information-Modeling skills using Vectorworks BIM software
- Research – Study current BIM trends and techniques to see how Vectorworks BIM software can be applied to BIM problem solving
- Product Improvement – Gather, analyze, and prioritize requirements from different sources. Develop feature specification and workflow documentation for engineering
- Product Quality – Document program defects, identify opportunities for improvements, and help streamline the user experience
- Other duties as assigned
Why do you want this job? Because you are:
- Knowledgeable about architectural production and construction issues
- Passionate about technology’s impact on these industries and able to grasp technical issues
- A detailed oriented and collaborative team player
- Passionate about design and care deeply about developing features that will create the best experience for our customers
Why do we want you? Because you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Architectural or Civil Engineering or a related field is required. A degree in another discipline combined with extensive experience in the AEC field may be acceptable.
- Experience in Architecture Production and familiarity with Construction processes
- Experience with building information modeling (BIM) software, especially 3D workflows
- Analytical ability to gather, interpret and synthesize data and develop solutions
- Strong communication skills and sound work ethic
- Strong written skills especially in technical writing
- Some travel (range 2 – 10%)
- 5+ years of architectural or construction technical management experience
- Strong project- and time-management skills
- Prior experience with Vectorworks software
- Experience with Vector Script and/or creating plugins
Vectorworks Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design software developer serving the architecture, landscape, and entertainment industries. Since 1985, we have been committed to helping designers capture inspiration, nurture innovation, communicate effectively ...