Welcome to Issue 5 of BIM Journal, a themed publication that deep dives into a pertinent topic of the day from the BIM/ Digital AEC realm.
In the prior edition, we focussed on the world of BIM as viewed from a Manufacturer’s perspective.
In this issue we will seek to explore the BIM and Facilities Management realm via a compendium of practical tips and valuable advice, each gleaned from the named industry players who are already in the know. Real-world use cases will also be presented and examined.
With members of the newly formed BIFM BIM Technology Working Group contributing directly to the articles in this issue, the FM journey so far and the pitfalls along the way have been chronicled (with a look at what is yet to come).
Guest articles and choice opinions feature throughout, sourced exclusively from the likes of buildingSMART, Ecodomus, FM180, and many others:
- Welcome to the Digital Estate - David Philp
- Back to Basics – The What’s, How’s and Why’s of BIM in FM
- BIM Awareness in the FM Sector
- Demystifying BIM for Facilities Managers
- PAS 1192-3 and BIM Training for FM & Asset Managers
- The Facilities Manager’s Role in a BIM Project
- BIM for Design vs BIM for Operations
- Defining FM and Client Information: OIR, AIR, PLQ and EIR
- The (BIFM) EIR Template & Guidance
- BIM & FM - Past, Present & Future
- Ten Steps to Soften any Landing
- BIM & FM - It’s a Circular Thing
- Case Study A – Durham Cathedral; Case Study B - Smart Connected Buildings
- BIM and FM in the Real World
- Beyond Information Requirements
- BIM and Augmented Reality in Construction & Maintenance
- Augmented Reality in Facilities Management
- Supporting Whole Life Efficiency Through BIM
- The Value and Influence of Life Cycle Costing & Assessment with BIM
Remember to subscribe to receive BIM Journal directly too.
Issue 05 is available here!
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.