Mining and construction, France
With the inputs of aerial scanned data using drones and sample drawings, client needed the enlisted outputs:
- Surface plans with quality assurance and accuracy for efficient decisions making
- Final stockpiles volume with detailed excel reports
- Project completion within a timeframe of 24 hours
AutoCAD, Global Mapper, FME, Mensura, Google Earth
- Studying the uneven slope, road subbase and understanding the topography in a short period from scanned data beforehand the conversion to CAD begins
- Steep banks, overgrown areas and other complex topography demanded skillful interpretation to deliver accurate engineering drawings and placement of safety berms
- Interpretation of fissures and cracks in the scanned data before preparing surface plans for safety operations
- Client’s requirement of highly accurate CAD drawings and preparing Stockpile reports in a smaller time window
- Hi-Tech engineers studied the scanned files, acquisition details and Ortho-photography, and converted them to CAD drawings of surface plan such as haul road, safety berm, quarry face and most important computation of Stockpiles using point cloud data
- A detailed report was prepared in excel for project documentation and mining site data analysis for the lifecycle of mine
- Our project team used AutoCAD and Mensura software for studying spatial information and site topography to convert the scans into CAD engineering drawings and hence engineering and business actionable intelligence
- To assure quality, we followed a well-organized and a closed loop communication channel that included checklists, responsibility matrix, quality parameters and feedback from client.
- Along with quality drawings we also adhered to standards for project referencing documents
- Established easy and safe workflow chart for digging the mine
- Fast computation and measurement of the scanned geography
- Quality checks performed in three folds of Self QC, Peer QC and Random audits by Quality managers
- Established trust with the client and ventured into a longer partnership for more projects
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
Free sign up for total access.
Already have an account? Then please sign in.
Hiral Patel is a news editor and has been contributing to the AEC industry since last 7 years. She mainly writes about the application of BIM across Architecture, MEP and Structural sectors. Her focus is towards encouraging construction companies, sub-contractors and architects to adopt right technologies to improve efficiency and profitability. Learn more