3D BIM coordination and clashes detection is one of the most popular BIM uses, which is implemented at the preconstruction stage. It help to reduce the time of changes and re-work when construction, ensure contract period, labor safety and save cost for project.
Belows are some simple tips for 3D BIM coordination and clash detection efficiently.
Planning partial trade coordination
- Choosing the suitable software packages: There are so many software packages enable to detect partial clashes such as: Navisworks, Solibri, Tekla Structure… You have to clarify particularity of project to choose the most suitable one.
- Identify project stage: Design or construction. In fact that, the design drawings is not completed and meets many clashes. Therefore it costs time and money to run clashes detection by software, in this stage, we have only to check the major system to ensure building’s engineering. Until construction stage, clashes detection is really important to manage and control well all of new and existing issues of project, ensure to meet contract schedule.
- Do design review or clashes detection
- Identify to use automotive or manual report
- Identify the rules of priority system and the definition of a clash. For example: The more expensive system is the higher priority. With this rule, the order of priory in a scalable project can be: busway, drain pipe slope, pressure line...
Method of Model Authoring:
- Devide model floor by floor that help to identify grid location easily
- Devide double by double disciplines to check
- Compliance naming convention of clashes to exchange data easily
- Define strategy of using automatic parameters of manual manage elements
Process of review
- Review by eye integrate with automatic tools
- Use the suitable regulation to view clashes: section box
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.