DESIGN IN THE AGE OF EXPERIENCE™ is happening April 4-5, 2017 in Milan. This gathering of members of the global design community is an exciting opportunity to exchange best practices and explore industry trends.
AEC professionals attending in person or following along online will benefit from the conversations and experiences we have planned.
TRENDS IN DESIGN
We will explore 4 major forces driving the evolution of design today:
- Designing Experience Virtual reality enables designers to model complex products, buildings, infrastructures or even cities within their own virtual environment, and experience them before they even exist.
- Design is Tribes Design is social and collaborative. We draw inspiration from the wealth of talent and creativity in the ecosystem, driving co-creation for identity-changing experiences.
- Design is Science-Driven Automation and generative design technologies mimic the beauty of nature to accelerate and sustain the innovation process.
- Design is the Business Plan Design affects the way consumers interact with products, giving rise to new business models in which modern ecosystems reinvent product purpose and a range of new applications.
AEC CONTENT SESSIONS
Live sessions particularly geared toward urbanists and architects will include:
- Mapping the Future of Global Civilization by Parag Khanna. (Day 1 Keynote Address)
- Putting Science at the Heart of Design to Generate and Simulate Innovation, featuring SHoP’s John Cerone, Associate Principal and Director of Virtual Design & Construction. Algorithms, data-driven analysis, simulation: generative design technologies are playing key roles in creating products, systems and experiences for a more sustainable world. (Day 1 breakout session: Design is Science-Driven, 5:40 p.m.)
- Designing Experience breakout session, featuring architect Toshiko Mori, IED Director Riccardo Balbo, and Hiroshi Kobayashi. (Day 2 breakout session: Designing Experience, 10:30 a.m.)
- Designing the Construction Experience breakout session, featuring CadMakers CEO Javier Glatt. (Day 2 breakout session: Designing Experience, 11:30 a.m.)
- Biomimicry and Generative Design Strategic Discussion, featuring Martin Tamke of the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Schools of Architecture, Design and Conservation, and Chief Designer Toshiko Meijio. (Day 2 breakout session: Design is Science-Driven, 1:35 p.m.)
- Disrupting Business Models in the Construction Industry, featuring CadMakers CEO Javier Glatt (Day 2 breakout session: Design is the Business Plan, 4:00 p.m.)
AEC DESIGN HACKATHON
Meanwhile, an exclusive 36-hour AEC Hackathon—a collaborative session between CATIA R&D experts and participants representing some of the world’s most progressive architecture firms—will culminate in prizes for the best designs created with CATIA on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
The results of the Hackathon will be revealed on Day 2 at 9 a.m.
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
Free sign up for total access.
Already have an account? Then please sign in.
If we validate, describe and trace construction on a virtual clone of the plant under construction, could we deliver in time and in budget?
Employing a business platform for operational excellence in mining. Discover how the Industrial Internet can foster operation excellence in Mining.
Between now and 2035, it is expected that over $20 trillion will be invested in the oil and gas industry. With much of this funding channelled into large-scale programmes, in regions with a track ...Learn more