A brand new Revit content library is now available to download for free courtesy of Miele Australia.
Developed by the team at IGS BIM Solutions (now part of UNIFI), product categories in the content library include Ovens, Cooktops, Rangehoods, Microwaves, Dishwashers, Coffee Machines, Steam Ovens, Laundry, Warmer Drawers and Refrigeration. The entire library comprised of 11 product categories and 109 Families representing 167 products can be downloaded in just one click using the 'Download All' button at www.mielebim.com.au.
Using the Australia & New Zealand Revit Standard (ANZRS) as the basis for the content standard, the families were developed with the objective of finding a balance between complexity of use, functionality, documentation output, file size and performance in the Revit project environment.
Features of the library aimed at providing maximum value to designers using the families in a project environment include:
- Integrated spaces built into the families to denote Clearance Zones (e.g. minimum height from Cooktop to Rangehood), Ventilation Requirements and Niches.
- Reference Planes set to the correct ‘Is Reference’ and positioned to make placing, aligning and dimensioning the appliances easier. This includes key design considerations such as Cooktop burner offsets relative to surrounding objects.
- Integrated dishwashers requiring adjustability in overall height and plinth height to align with casework/kickers can be modified using two construction parameters, reflecting the maximum and minimum adjustability constraints of the actual product.
- Detail Level settings (Coarse, Medium and Fine) applied to 2D line work and 3D geometry improving model performance.
- 3D geometry hidden in 2D views with Masking Regions and 2D line work applied to ensure documentation consistency and regeneration speed in Plan, Section and Elevations.
A 'Revit Content Guide' is available for download summarising how the families have been developed in greater detail.
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.