BIM – A Multidisciplinary Modeling Approach
A lot has been said and written about Building Information Modeling, or BIM since it first made its presence in the landscape of architecture, engineering and construction industry, but people still have doubts regarding it. They are still tremendously confused about its concept, wherein most of them believe that BIM is nothing but software.
Anyways, for those who still think that BIM is software or who have a lot of doubt about its whole idea, let me clarify to them by saying that it is nothing but a process. Yes, that is right, BIM is actually a process and not a software. BIM is such an important process, which is implemented for developing highly informative 3D models for different building disciplines such as architecture, structure and MEP. On the other hand the software products which are used for developing these multidisciplinary models are often addressed as BIM software. And the models which are generated for architecture, structure and MEP are known as Building Information Models.
A detailed account BIM Modeling services
1. BIM Modeling services are always carried out individually for each building discipline.
2. And these services are mostly executed with the support of specific BIM software such as Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP.
3. Each of these software products are accommodated with specific features and tools, which are meant to sort out the complications of architects, engineers and BIM modelers, when they go ahead with the execution of BIM Modeling services.
4. For example, Revit Architecture has all the important features, which are necessary for architects and modelers to create stunning and accurate architectural model, that can provide detailed design information to anybody and everybody associated with the project in question.
5. Similarly, Revit Structure also contains necessary features, which are essential for executing structural Modeling services, so that informative models can be generated for the structure.
6. Building Information Models provide ultimate information to architects and engineers concerning design, construction, schedules, material take offs, and time & cost of the project.
7. BIM models prove really essential for building stakeholders when it comes to speculating or calculating project outcomes.
And since they effectively allow building professionals to speculate project outcomes they also support them in minimizing potential onsite challenges
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.