To provide TEKLA model & generate shop drawing for 1000 ton capacity steel silo in New South Wales
- Silo is a special structure and we had to generate error free detailing for flawless construction
- Detailing a silo with 1000 ton capacity was first of its kind project for the team
- Due to lack of experience in detailing for such huge capacity material holding structure, it took longer time to understand inputs
- Inputs received in the form of architectural and structural drawings were reviewed.
- Although lack of experience in detailing of such huge capacity material holding structure was a drawback, the inputs were good enough to take all details, member profiles and levels of steel members.
- Silo capacity was 1000 ton and force acting on each steel connection was very heavy, however the best steel connections were generated and sent for approvals by engineers at client end
- Models were revised based on further inputs from structural engineer, and few details were included in the Tekla model.
- Despite the revisions, project was delivered within the prescribed time frame of 45 days.
- Project turned out to be an experience that helped the team mature professionally.
- Project delivery was done within the set time line, and hence the silo structure could be erected in time.
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.