June 08, 2015 │Bhushan Avasatthi
- The client wanted us to detect and rectify errors in the point cloud with accurate BIM modeling within 24 days.
- The total data size provided by client was about 185 GB & to work with such heavy data files was really a difficult task.
- The input files were in the form of 3D scanned images in which few of the scanned inputs were not clear & some of the building data was missing due to improper scanning, leading to complexity of resurfacing and modeling.
- The building area was large and also consisted of complex steel structure.
BIM Experts: Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services
BIM experts resurfaced the point cloud models into 3D BIM (LOD-300), ready to be loaded with the required information.
- 3D Scanned images of International Broadcast center were resurfaced and converted into BIM, replete with all the architectural and structural details
- 10 mm accuracy helped create error free and intelligent Building information models and LOD -30 was maintained
- Project delivery done well within the deadline resulting in decreased overall project time.
Technology / Software Used
- Modelers imported all the scanned images in Revit, and a model file was set up. 10mm accuracy modeling was done.
- The scanning was not up to the mark, however extra efforts were put in, flaws were mitigated and a the building data that was missing was virtually created, based on engineering assumptions and parametric images
- The company communicated several project details, assumptions and requirements with the client and finally, successfully created an architectural and structural building information model.
Contact us to get accurate BIM modeling from point cloud data.
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.