May 19, 2015
Aconex Limited (ASX:ACX), provider of a leading cloud collaboration platform for the global construction industry, today announced that Salini Impregilo S.p.A. has agreed to standardize on Aconex solutions for managing information and processes across all of its early-stage projects as well as selected end-to-end projects worldwide. Salini Impregilo is an industrial group specializing in the construction of major, complex projects. As the global leader in the construction of infrastructure for the water segment, it operates in more than 50 countries with over 34,400 employees and a turnover exceeding €4 billion (US$4.9 billion).
Over the last five years, Salini Impregilo has utilized the Aconex platform extensively for project collaboration on pre-construction activities such as feasibility, design management and tendering on a variety of large projects. These include:
- Panama Canal Expansion – The US$3.2-billion Third Set of Locks project is one of the world’s most notable engineering megaprojects, which will allow the waterway to double its shipping capacity by 2025. The Aconex platform is currently being used to manage more than 11 terabytes of project data.
- Qatar Rail – The US$36-billion Qatar Rail Program is one of the largest infrastructure developments in the Middle East. The integrated transportation network will consist of a metro system across Doha, a long-distance passenger and freight system, and a light rail transit system in the Lusail area of Qatar.
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center –The US$419-million Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center project in Athens will house the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera in a multifunctional arts, education and entertainment complex occupying 240,000 square meters. The project team is targeting a Platinum certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
Improved Efficiency, Accuracy, Productivity, and Coordination
Salini Impregilo opted to standardize on Aconex for both its track record in supporting the successful delivery of large, complex projects and its advanced capabilities for project collaboration.
“Aconex delivers much more functionality beyond document management – way beyond what other solutions offer,” said Roberto Mantese, procurement overseas manager at Salini Impregilo. “Project data is safe and secure in the cloud yet accessible to the entire project team.”
The enterprise agreement covers the use of the following Aconex solutions:
- The Aconex platform for tendering, design reviews, document control, and workflow management, as well as data exchange with internal and external systems through application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Aconex Mobile construction apps for anytime/anywhere access to the platform on tablets and smartphones
- Aconex Field for mobile field inspections and issues management
- Aconex Connected BIM, an extension of the Aconex platform for project-wide collaboration on Building Information Modeling (BIM) data and processes.
“This enterprise agreement provides further proof that the Aconex platform can satisfy the most demanding requirements of the world’s largest construction and engineering firms and their complex megaprojects,” said Henry Jones, senior vice president, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and global accounts at Aconex. “We’re pleased that Salini Impregilo has chosen to standardize on Aconex for future projects and to deploy a broader set of our collaboration solutions for the entire project lifecycle.”
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.