February 14, 2015 │http://vidsher.com/
The Autodesk BIM 360 Field iPad app enables BIM 360 Field users to create and update issues, reference project documents, and run QA/QC, Safety and Commissioning checklists throughout all project phases – anywhere on the job site – with or without an Internet connection. Drop pushpins onto your project drawings or photos to create issues that are easy to find and fix. Mark up drawings and photos to indicate progress. Email marked up documents to team members to get questions answered. View and access your BIM model on your iPad in 3D – making it easy to access key design information and track progress on your project. The simple, paper-like screens make it fast and easy to juggle with your other field tasks. Whenever you connect to the Internet, upload your data to the BIM 360 Field web site and immediately share and it across your project, saving days of time. BIM 360 Field lets you track issues and questions until they’re fixed or answered, email reports to update other team members (executives, owners, architects, etc.) and maintain an audit trail of what you’ve done.
- Create issues (work to complete, punchlists, etc) using your project documents and simple, paper-like forms
- Review Issues – quickly edit and change status of existing issues
- Mark up drawings and photos to illustrate issues or checklists
- Fill out quality, safety, and commissioning checklists in the field
- View and navigate Building Information Models of many different types
- Share your model using the cloud-based BIM 360 Field Library
- Link your models to the BIM 360 Field equipment database to track progress and record issues
- Share data with your whole project via the BIM 360 Field web site
- Tag issues and checklists to project locations and responsible companies
- Templates based on industry, company, or project standards ensure consistent inspections
- Audit trails show authors, dates, and times
- Opening files from Library, View only and Markup modes are now separate. By default, users with access to the library now open documents in view only mode. To add markup they can enter Markup mode
- Improved experience with horizontal thumbnail navigation is back in multipage PDF files. Users can now swipe the document, thumbnails or page control to navigate to additional pages
- Navigation controls have been re-organized letting you focus more on the document
- Add Issue control is available when viewing a document in the library to allow you to create issues with the currently opened drawing
- Sending a PDF from the library now send the original PDF as well as an image containing all markup, if markup exists
- Various iOS 8 stability improvements
- Updated Sync messaging
- Opening a file within a location, will now zoom you to an existing print area
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.