RICS has developed the first BIM Manager Certification in response to industry requirements to have a standard that demonstrates the skills and competence of construction professionals in using Building Information Modelling (BIM).
As BIM continues to dominate processes across the built environment, the new certification will provide reassurance to employers and clients that the BIM practitioners they use follow accepted industry criteria. Likewise BIM competent professionals will be able to demonstrate their abilities to the sector by using a reliable and consistent approach.
Developed, in collaboration with leading industry figures, the new certification will be open to quantity surveyors and other construction professionals who already work with BIM.
View a list of RICS Certified BIM Managers.
With the RICS BIM Certification you will be able to benefit from:
- status - market yourself with a practitioner qualification
- access to work - clients are demanding professionals who can demonstrate proven BIM knowledge and experience
- promotion - your details will be listed on the RICS website
- support and networking - you will have access to an online community and forum to share your experiences, views and ideas.
All applicants must have:
- five years of experience in a relevant sector, such as architecture, engineering or construction
- MRICS, AssocRICS, any degree or a recognised professional qualification
- 12 months of practical BIM experience either in cost estimating or construction.
Practical BIM experience is essential to achieve the certification.
Download the applicant guide and application form below.
The next application session ends on 31 October. Results will be available by end of November.
If you are interested in applying but are unsure if you are eligible or will be able to meet the next session deadlines, please contact us on the details below.
There are two stages to the BIM Manager Certification: application and assessment.
You must provide:
- career history
- CPD summaries (50 words each)
- four competency statements (500 words each)
- a case study (2000 words)
Your application will be assessed by trained RICS members.
As an RICS Certified BIM Manager you are subject to the following obligations:
- monitoring by RICS
- completing and recording appropriate CPD
- recertification every three years.
Thanks for reading!
Please enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days.
For total access log in to your The BIM Hub account. Or register now, it's free.